CTE Opportunities and CallsCTE encourages faculty, academic professionals, and veteran teaching assistants to become involved in the teaching development of campus instructors by
- responding to the Call for Presenters and Facilitators for the pre-semester teaching development programs for new TAs and ITAs—the Graduate Academy for College Teaching and the Graduate Symposium on Grading & Office Hours;
- responding to the Call for Presenters for the annual Faculty Retreat;
- notifying CTE of teaching workshops or seminars occurring in individual departments or schools at Illinois;
- proposing a topic for a CTE teaching workshop or suggesting a book for a CTE reading group;
- collaborating with a CTE staff member to facilitate a teaching workshop or reading group; or
- suggesting materials or links for our webpage.
Call for Presenters for the August 2013 Graduate Academy for College Teaching (Aug. 19-20) and Graduate Symposium on Grading & Office Hours (Aug. 20), CTE’s pre-semester teaching development programs for new TAs and ITAs.